As an Information Studies student, you have plenty of opportunity to add a social element to your academic work. Part of your life as a student is spent in the computer room. Other facilities include a common room, radio and video editing facilities, and a TV studio, not to mention the many comfortable sofas. Teaching in Information Studies takes place at IT City Katrinebjerg, along with Digital Design and Media Studies. A number of IT and media companies are also located here. The IT City becomes your base during your Information Studies degree programme. There is an inspiring and unique environment, which is different from the rest of the university. A number of associations are also based at Katrinebjerg, and you can get involved either as an active participant or as a user.
- SAIS is an Information Studies student association. SAIS organises lectures in relevant topics, company visits and study tours.
- The Information Studies Student Committee. In the Student Committee, students of Information Studies can exchange information, discuss study-related problems and find out what happens in the different committees. All students are welcome to join this committee.
- The Friday bar organises bar evenings and parties for students at the department.
- The PANIK Social Committee is responsible for many great ideas and interesting events. The committee organises 2-3 parties every year.
- KONTEKST. KONTEKST is a newspaper published by students at the Department of Information and Media Studies four times a year. Written by students for students. You can always find the latest edition of the newspaper on the website or get a printed version at the editor’s office in Wienerbygningen, room 033.
- UNITY: Katrinebjerg. UNITY: Katrinebjerg is an interdisciplinary network centre for students at IT City Katrinebjerg. The purpose of the network is to give the IT students at Katrinebjerg an opportunity to test their skills in interdisciplinary and professional contexts and thereby promote the study environment in the IT City. .
- During the semester, the department organises guest lectures by representatives from the business community, other universities and other countries. The lectures are shown in the calendar together with other relevant events in Aarhus.