Audio Design students come from many different backgrounds and soon form a strong team. This is especially due to the many projects that quickly forge the group into a strong and dynamic whole.
Audio Design and Digital Design are taught at IT City Katrinebjerg, along with Information Studies and Media Studies. A number of IT and media companies are also located here. This is where you attend lessons and work on your projects. The buildings contain all the facilities you and your fellow students need to create and develop computer games, media interfaces and more. The IT City becomes your base during your Digital Design studies. There is an inspiring, unique environment, which is different from the rest of the university. A number of associations are also based at Katrinebjerg and you can get involved either as an active participant or as a user.
- ODDS. ODDS stands for Organisation for Digital Design Students. ODDS was established in 2010 by Digital Design students from three different year groups. ODDS is for Digital Design students at Bachelor’s or Master’s degree levels and for students studying Multimedia as a supplementary subject.
- Fredagsbar.dk. The Institute of Information and Media Studies has a Friday bar that is open every Friday. Normal opening hours are from 14.00 to 19.00. Several times each semester, ‘medium-long’/‘long’ bars are held from 14.00 to 22.00/02.00, respectively.
- Friday café. The Department of Computer Science organises a Friday bar called the ‘Friday café’, which is open every Friday from 15.00.
- PANIK. PANIK is the name of the Social Committee at the IT City, and PANIK stands for ‘Party All Night In Katrinebjerg’. This association is for all students at the IT City, and twice every semester, the students party until the early hours of the morning.
- KONTEKST. KONTEKST is a newspaper published by students at the Department of Information and Media Studies four times a year. Written by students for students. You can always find the latest edition of the newspaper on the website or get a printed version at the editor’s office in Wienerbygningen, room 033.
- UNITY: Katrinebjerg. UNITY: Katrinebjerg is an interdisciplinary network centre for students at IT City Katrinebjerg. The purpose of the network is to give the IT students at Katrinebjerg an opportunity to test their skills in interdisciplinary and professional contexts and thereby promote the study environment in the IT City. .
- During the semester, the Department of Information and Media Studies organises guest lectures by representatives from the business community, other universities and other countries. The lectures are shown in the calendar together with other relevant events in Aarhus.
In addition, there are many other events for students at the Faculty of Humanities and Aarhus University in general – e.g. lectures, intro days, career days, seminars, celebrations and sports days.